Now a days tourist destinations are changing causes of spoiling culture , nature, construction of the road and crowed by tourist in a single destination. For preserve the culture and nature local community start to build up some basic infrastructure for the tourist and attract tourist in their home as a paying guest . Ghale -Gau is also one the hot spot for village tourism. Apart from the stunning landscape and views of the Annapurna region, Ghalegaun offers a real opportunity to become a part of village life, lodging with local Gurung families. This area is also home to the famous honey hunters of Nepal. This short trek is the perfect complement to discovering some of the other highlights of Nepal – historic towns, white water rafting and the country’s most famous conservation area. Ghalegaun is an exotic pristine village endowed with an unparallel scenic grandeur and a home to Gheles the famed Gurungs the legendary mid-hill people of western Nepal. Repository of a unique ethnic culture Ghelegaun is a true microcosm of stunning natural beauty mixed with an unspoiled ethnic life style.
Located is the district of Lamjung, the picturesque hill town of western Nepal.
Taking advantage of such a unique location, Ghalegaun- a picturesque hamlet of about 95 Gurung style houses, has recently been marketed as a new destination to experience Village tourism. Number of houses have been prepared for domestic and international visitors with comfortable basic amenities.
Besides the scenic extravaganza of the peaks, the warm and sincere hospitality of the Gurung people is also bound to overwhelm the visitors. They will serve you food items such as grain, vegetable, meat, milk, eggs, are all locally produced and are indeed for any chemical fertilizers. In addition, the life-style of the village truly reflects an exotic living ethnic tradition handed down since ages. The social life is replete with interesting rituals of life cycle; birth wedding, death etc., religious events and a lively cultural tradition of dance and music and it is well augmented by interesting locally produced exotic handicrafts and utensils.
Activities around Ghalegaun include bird watching at Talangyo Lake and visits to the Utter Kanya Temple, Pempro Fall, Batase Cave and the Khudi hydroelectric dam site.
Ghalegaun -Ghanpokhara are model villages for experiencing the typical culture and lifestyle of the Gurung people. Traditional customs are still followed during births, deaths, marriages and at other important times in a person?s life. Age-old cultural dances like the Jhyaure, Serka, Dohori, Ghantu, Ghyabring, Krishna Charitra and Jhakri are performed on various occasions accompanied by different musical instruments with the dancers in traditional dress.
Visitors to Ghalegaun-Ghanpokhara are welcomed with offering of garlands and tika while music and dances are performed and traditional farewell songs are sung when guests depart. Nepali New Year and Buddha Jayanti are celebrated with traditional dance called Ghatu.
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
Day 02 : Full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley, hotel
Day 03 : Drive to Pokhara, hotel
Day 04 : Drive to Thunsikot, camp
Day 05 : Trek to Pas Gaon, camp
Day 06 : Trek to Bhujung, camp
Day 07 : Trek to Ghale Gaon / Ghanapokhara, camp
Day 08 : Explore Ghanapokhara, camp
Day 09 : Trek to Khudi, camp
Day 10 : Drive back to Kathmandu, hotel
Day 11 : Free day in Kathmandu, hotel
Day 12 : Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination
Trekking in Annapurna region
Group size of the Trek
Minimum one person
Maximum 15 person
Trek features :
- Best .................
- spectacular mountain views of Annapuran ranges
- Rhododendron flowers forest, many types of orchids
- Gurung culture & practices.
Grade : Low to Medium
Elevation: Max. 2016 Meters. (Ghalegau)
Accommodation : Tea House - Home stay / camping
Food: Continental- Local organic
The requirement of equipment is diffrent for each trek. these are common requirment of personnel things for most of our treks. Please feel free to ask for advice we will provide you the best suggestion.
Clothing and Equipment Check List
- Pair of T-shirts and half pants
- Fleece jacket and warm Trousers
- Raincoats & water proof pants
- Down jacket
- Thermal underwear
- Windproof jacket
- Fleece/wool warm hat
- Baseball hat or sun hat
- Snow & sun glasses
- Fleece gloves
- Socks - 3/4 pairs
- Socks- woolen
- Trekking shoes
- Ligh sport shoes
- Small rucksack for daypack
- Waterbottle (metal )
- Kit Bag medium size
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Sleeping bag down ( -5-10 degree)
- Flash light & batteries
- Small kit bag (valuable things can put inside , pocket knife )
- Sun Cream & lip care cream
- Moist towels for personal hygiene
in you need more information please write us
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / Hotel in Kathmandu & required places
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide.
- Food (Breakfast , lunch & dinner with tea -coffee ) in Trekking guest houses .
- Accommodation in trekking area guest houses twin sharing bases on the trek .
- English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters
- Staff food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine are included in trekking.
- Primary First Aid Kits (For the first aid treatment purpose such as bandage , some medicine......)
- Trekking permits & TIMS for Conservation area /Restricted area & all the necessary official documents for trek.
- Transport ; trek start to ending point by private car/van/ Bus.
Price Exclude :
- Nepal entry visa fee and necessary documets
- Flight fare domestic and international .
- Food in Kathmandu or other cities .
- Airport Tax in Domestic & International Airpot & other taxes.
- Personal insurance , equipment ,medical and travel insurance during the trek
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument /donation and some personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge in case of Emergency .
- Staff tips and other personal expenses
- Expenses burden due to Natural disaster ; such as bad weather , land slide
- Bar bills, such as mineral water , beer , cola , hard drinks etc..
Testimonials not available
Full package :
00 U.S.$ per person by drive in Tourist Bus
00 U.S.$ per person by flight kathmandu-pokhara-kathmandu
Trekking package only: 00 U.S. $ per person
Hire a guide & porter only:
Guide : 30 U.S.$ per day
Porter: 20 U.S.$ per day
Only hiring guide & porter guest have to pay their transport too.