Gosainkunda is situated on the north of Kathmandu in Langtang region. This is one of the famous ,Holy Lake in Nepal. The starting point of this trek is Syabrubeshi, 6/ 7 hours drive from Kathmandu . You will pass through Singh Gompa where you can visit the real Yak Cheese factory. The trek will further lead you over Lauribinyak pass from where you will have the panoramic views of the Langtang , Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and Annapurna range. The Gosainkunda is one of the most beautiful lakes and to reach this lake you pass through Saraswati Kunda, Bhairab Kunda and Gusainkunda. From Gosainkunda you pass more lakes and continue the trek to Ghopte which is a long journey and is not easy. So if your condition is not really good , the best option is to stay in Phedi and the next day trek to Tharepati, from where you can either continue to Helambu or go direct back to Kathmandu.
Day to day itinerary (13 days trek)
Day 1: Arrival in kathmandu (1350m.) then transfer to the Hotel
Day 2: Full day sight seeing tour in kathmandu valley
Day 3: Drive to Syabrubesi (1467m.) 6-8 hours, all day drive.
Day 4: Trek to Lama Hotel (2470m.) 6 hours , gradual ups.
Day 5: Trek to Langtang village (3430m.) 5-6 hrs., gradual ups.
Day 6: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m.),5 hrs., gradual up
Day 7: Trek to Lama Hotel (2470m.) 5 hrs., gradual down
Day 8: Trek to Thulo Syabru (2800m.) 5 hrs., gradul downs & ups.
Day 9: trek to Singa Gompa (3330m.) 5hrs.,gradual & Steep ups
Day 10: Trek to Lauribinayak (3900m.) 5-6 hrs. steep up & gradual up the Sunset view.
Day 11: Trek to Gosainkunda Lake (4460m.) 4-5 hrs., early morning sunrise view then gradual up.
Day 12: Trek to Ghopte (3440m.) Gradula up to the pass then steep down 6-7 hours.
Day 13: Trek to Tharepati (3640m.) gradual ups & downs, 5 hrs .
Day 14: Trek to Golbhanjang (2134m.) gradual & steep down.
Day15: Trek to Chisapani 5-6 hrs.
Day 16: Drive to Kathmandu(1350m.) trek 4 hours then one hour drive then transfer to Hotel.
Day 17: Rest day in Kathmandu , farewell dinner in Nepali restaurant .
Day 18: Fly out own destination or extra activities (visit pokhara & jungle safari recommended.).
Trekking in Langtang region
Group size of the Trek
Minimum one person
Maximum 15 person
Trek features :
Holy place for Hindus & Buddhist
spectacular mountain views of langtang ranges
Rhododendron flowers forest, many types of orchids
Famous cheese factory on the way
Tamang culture & practices.
Grade : Medium to Hard
Elevation: Max. 00 Meters. (...)
Accommodation : Tea House/ Tented camp
The requirement of equipment is diffrent for each trek. these are common requirment of personnel things for most of our treks. Please feel free to ask for advice we will provide you the best suggestion.
Clothing and Equipment Check List
1. Pair of T-shirts and half pants
2. Fleece jacket and warm Trousers
3. Raincoats & water proof pants
4. Down jacket
5. Thermal underwear
6. Windproof jacket
7. Fleece/wool warm hat
8. Baseball hat or sun hat
9. Snow & sun glasses
10. Fleece gloves
11. Socks - 3/4 pairs
12. Socks- woolen
13. Trekking shoes
14. Ligh sport shoes
15. Small rucksack for daypack
16. Waterbottle (metal )
17. Kit Bag medium size
18. Trekking poles (optional)
19. Sleeping bag down ( -5-10 degree)
20. Flash light & batteries
- Small kit bag (valuable things can put inside , pocket knife )
- Sun Cream & lip care cream
- Moist towels for personal hygiene
in you need more information please write us
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / Hotel in Kathmandu & required places
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide.
- Food (Breakfast , lunch & dinner with tea -coffee ) in Trekking guest houses .
- Accommodation in trekking area guest houses twin sharing bases on the trek .
- English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters
- Staff food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine are included in trekking.
- Primary First Aid Kits (For the first aid treatment purpose such as bandage , some medicine......)
- Trekking permits & TIMS for Conservation area /Restricted area & all the necessary official documents for trek.
- Transport ; trek start to ending point by private car/van/ Bus.
Price Exclude :
- Nepal entry visa fee and necessary documets
- Flight fare domestic and international .
- Food in Kathmandu or other cities .
- Airport Tax in Domestic & International Airpot & other taxes.
- Personal insurance , equipment ,medical and travel insurance during the trek
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument /donation and some personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge in case of Emergency .
- Staff tips and other personal expenses
- Expenses burden due to Natural disaster ; such as bad weather , land slide
Testimonials not available
Full package :
1300 U.S.$ per person by drive in Tourist Bus
Trekking package only: 900 U.S. $ per person
Hire a guide & porter only:
Guide : 30 U.S.$ per day
Porter: 20 U.S.$ per day
Only hiring guide & porter guest have to pay their transport too.