This is a demanding, and an outstanding trek in eastern Nepal. The trek up to Makalu base camp visits one of the most remote and unfrequented areas of Nepal. The long trek and unspoiled terrain makes this trek a classic in its own. Thistrek goes high up to 5,100m. This is a region where you hardly find any modern facilities and amenities but blessed with an incredible diversity of natural beauty. You will feel how to survive the remote people lives themselves . This region is fully tent based trek so less tourist are interested to visit this virgin place for the pristine mountain views and Nepali’s culture. Sherpa, Rai and Limbus are main habitants in this area. Walking north up the Arun River to Sedua and Num, you will be get to the upper Barun Khola valley for a close look at Makalu (8,463m). We can put together even wilder trek by crossing Sherpani Col and west Col into the upper Hongu valley.
Makalu Region Trek
Day to day itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu airport(1350m.) then transfer to Hotel
Day 2: Full day sight seeing tour in kathmandu valley & trek preparation.
Day 3: Flight to Biratnagar & bus ride to Hille(1850m.), 5-6 hrs
Day 4: Hille to Tsute (2010m.) ,5-6 hrs, gentle down
Day 5: Tsute to Danda Gaun (1800m.) 5 -6hrs, gradual up with beautiful views
Day 6: Danda Gaun to Chainpur (1600m.), 6-7hrs. ,gradual up to Cross Danda (2200m.)
Day 7: Chainpur to Khandbari (1036m.), 6-7hrs. ,c ross the river valley
Day 8: Khandbari to Chichira.(1000m.), 5-6hrs, beautiful forests
Day 9: Chichira to Num (1600m.),5-6hours, enjoyable trek & views
Day 10: Num to Dharikharka(2400m.), 5-6hours, down to Sedua & gradual up
Day 11: Dharikharka to Mumbuk( 4000m.),5-6hours, trek through the several passes
Day 12: Mumbak to Nehakharka (4000m.),5-6hours, beautiful views
Day 13: Nehakharka rest ,wonderful Views & relax
Day 14: Nehakharka to Sherson (5000m.), 4-5hours, cross bridges & passes through the jungle.
Day 15: Sherson to Makalu Base Camp (5000m), 2-3hrs.beautiful forest
Day 16: Makalu Base Camp to Nehakharka (4000m.), 5-6hours, step down terrace
Day 17: Nehakharka to Shipton-La (3900m.) ,5-6hours, lunch at Mumbak & camp at Lakeside
Day 18: Shipton to Seduwa (1400m.), 5-6hours, wake up early for the sunrise views.
Day 19: Seduwa to Mure Khandbari (1036m),5-6hours , trek through the ridge
Day 20: Mure Khandbari to Kathmandu (1350m.), 3-4hrs ,trek to Tumlingtar & then fly to Kathmandu.
Day 21: Rest day , evening farewell dinner in Nepali restaurant with culture show.
Day 22: Fly out own destination or extra activities (visit pokhara , chitwan & Lumbini recommended ).
Trekking in Makalu region
Group size of the Trek
Minimum 2 person
Maximum 15 person
Trek features :
- cultural diversity & flora and fauna
- spectacular mountain views of Makalu ranges
- Rhododendron flowers forest, many types of orchids
- River valley and terraces
Grade : Medium to Hard
Elevation: Max. 5000 Meters. (Makalu Base Camp)
Accommodation : Tented camp
The requirement of equipment is diffrent for each trek. these are common requirment of personnel things for most of our treks. Please feel free to ask for advice we will provide you the best suggestion.
Clothing and Equipment Check List
- Pair of T-shirts and half pants
- Fleece jacket and warm Trousers
- Raincoats & water proof pants
- Down jacket
- Thermal underwear
- Windproof jacket
- Fleece/wool warm hat
- Baseball hat or sun hat
- Snow & sun glasses
- Fleece gloves
- Socks - 3/4 pairs
- Socks- woolen
- Trekking shoes
- Ligh sport shoes
- Small rucksack for daypack
- Waterbottle (metal )
- Kit Bag medium size
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Sleeping bag down ( -5-10 degree)
- Flash light & batteries
- Small kit bag (valuable things can put inside , pocket knife )
- Sun Cream & lip care cream
- Moist towels for personal hygiene
if you need more information please write us
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / Hotel in Kathmandu & required places
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide.
- Food (Breakfast , lunch & dinner with tea -coffee ) in Trekking guest houses .
- Accommodation in trekking area guest houses twin sharing bases on the trek .
- English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters
- Staff food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine are included in trekking.
- Primary First Aid Kits (For the first aid treatment purpose such as bandage , some medicine......)
- Trekking permits & TIMS for Conservation area /Restricted area & all the necessary official documents for trek.
- Transport ; trek start to ending point by private car/van/ Bus.
Price Exclude :
- Nepal entry visa fee and necessary documents
- Flight fare domestic and international .
- Food in Kathmandu or other cities .
- Airport Tax in Domestic & International Airpot & other taxes.
- Personal insurance , equipment ,medical and travel insurance during the trek
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument /donation and some personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge in case of Emergency .
- Staff tips and other personal expenses
- Expenses burden due to Natural disaster ; such as bad weather , land slide
Testimonials not available
Full package :
3000 U.S.$ per person by drive in Tourist Bus