This is the most famous trekking for the filming site of Oscar nominated movie CARAVAN, home town of the main hero Thinley and real hidden beauty of Nepal. This is the home of the 5,000 people and elevation of 4270 meters, the highest settlement on the Earth and full of traditional Tibetan culture. This trek is often called the Himalayan pilgrimage and hidden valley trek created by Guru Rimpoche. There are many branches of trekking in this region and it is called the home of the Blue sheep, Himalayan black bear, leopards, wolves and the exclusive snow leopard.
Upper Dolpo trek (fly to and from Nepalganj)
Day 1: Arrive in Katmandu airport (1350m.) pick up then transfer to the hotel.
Day 2: Sight seeing in Katmandu valley & trek preparation
Day 3: Fly to Nepalgung (1 hour flight.) then flight to Dunai & trek to Tarakot (2,550m.)
Day 4: Trek to Tarakot (2,550m.)
Day 5: Tarakot - Khanigoan (2,500m.)
Day 6: Khanigoan - Chukore (3,550m.)
Day 7: Chukore - Kamok Kharka (4,000m.)
Day 8: Kamok Kharka - Dho (4,130m.)
Day 9: Rest day for acclimatization, Visit monasteries
Day 10: Dho - Numa La Camp (Shering Gompa) (4,350m.)
Day 11: Numa La Camp - Baga La Camp (4,500m.)
Day 12: Baga La Camp - Sanu Bheri (3,800m.)
Day 13: Sanu Bheri - Phokshundo Lake (3,627m.)
Day 14: Phokshundo Lake- Lasa Meadow (4,300m.)
Day 15: Lasa Meadow - Kagmara Phedi (4,000m.)
Day 16: Climb 1106m. to the summit of Kagmara Pass (5,106m.), and then descend the same route along Kagmara Glacier to Kagmara Phedi camp. (13km/5hrs)
Day 17: Kagmara Phedi camp – Mauriya Phedi (3,100m.t)
Day 18: Mauriya Phedi - Chotra (3,009m.)
Day 19: Chotra - Jumla (2300m.)
Day 20: Jumla – Nepaljung by flight then transfer to the hotel.
Day 21: Nepalgunj – Kathmandu by flight.
Day 22: Rest day & farewell diner in the evening.
Day 23: Final Depature or extra activies.
Upper Dolpo Trek (Jomsom- Juphal)
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu airport(1350m.) pick up then transfer to the hotel.
Day2: Drive to Pokhara (850m).
Day3: Pokhara - Jomsom (2713m) by flight. Then trek to Daker Dzong. 2950m.,5 hours
Day 4: Daker Dzong - Yak Kharka (3540m).
Day 5: Yak Kharka - Sangdang Phedi (4215m).
Day 6: Sangdang Phedi - Milung Kharka (4735m).
Day7: Milung Kharka - Chharka (4540m).
Day 8: Chharka - Ramana kharka (4627m.) via Chharka La (4920 m.)
Day 9: Ramanana Kharka - Do Tarap (4950m).
Day 10: Chharka - Ramanan Kharka (4627m).
Day 11: Do Tarap - Tokkyu Village.
Day 12: Tokkyu - Chutung Dang (3967m).
Day 13: Chutung Dang - Cibu Kharka (3915m).
Day 14: Cibu Kharka - Saldang (4100m).
Day 15: Saldang - Yang Tsher Village (4300m).
Day 16: Yang Tsher Village - Karang (4100m).
Day 17: Karang – Ramanan (4600m).
Day 18: Ramanan - Samling Gompa (3800m).
Day 19: Samling Gompa – Shey Gompa (4500m)
Day 20: Rest at Shey Gompa /Visit Chkarang Gompa.
Day 21: Shey Gompa – Yak Kharka (4500m).
Day 22: Yak Kharka - Ringmu (3600m)
Day 23: Ringmu - Rachi.
Day 24: Rachi - Roha Village App.
Day 25: Roha Village - Juphal Airport.
Day 26: Juphal Airport- Fly to Nepalgunj.
Day 27: Nepalgunj - Flight to Kathmandu
Day 28: Rest day, evening farewell dinner at Nepali restaurant with culture programme.
Day 29: Final Departure or extra activies.
Upper Dolpo trek (Jumla - Jomsom)
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu airport (1350m.)pick up then transfer to the hotel.
Day 2: Sight seeing tour in Kathmandu valley & trek preparation
Day 3: Kathmandu – Nepaljung by flight 1.00 Hour then transfer to the hotel.
Day 4: Nepaljung – Jumla (2370m.) by flight 30 minutes
Day 5: Jumla - Ghuthichaur (2700m.)
Day 6: Ghuthichaur – Naphukona (3080m)
Day 7: Naphukanda - Mauri Langa Pass (3840m.) and trek down to Chaurikot
Day 8: Chaurikot – Toysem
Day 9: Toysem – Kagmara BC (4006m)
Day 10: Kagmara BC - Kagmara La (5115m) and trek down to Daju (3500m)
Day 11: Daju - Phoksundo Lake (3780 m.)
Day 12: Rest at Phoksundo Lake
Day 13: Explore around Phoksundo
Day 14: Phoksundo - Mandala Camp (4700 m.)
Day 15: Mandala Camp - Shey Gomba (4996 m.) crossing Kang La (5500 m.)
Day 16: Shey Gomba – Namgung
Day 17: Namgung - Yangtsher Gompa (4500m.)
Day 18: Yangtsher Gompa - Mushi Gaoun
Day 19: Explore Mushi Gaoun (4270m)
Day 20: Mushi Gaoun – Shimen Gaoun
Day 21: Shimen Gaoun - Tingkyu (4150m)
Day 22: Tingkyu – Kaheng
Day 23: Kaheng - Charka (4365m) crossing Charka La (5035m.)
Day 24: Charka - Yak Kharka
Day 25: Yak Kharka – Sanda Phedi.
Day 26: Sanda Phedi – Sangda La (4296m)
Day 27: Sanda - Dangar Dzong
Day 28: Dangar Dzong – Jomsom
Day 29: Fly to Pokhara and Kathmandu
Day 30: Rest & Farewell dinner in the evening at Nepali restaurant with culture programme.
Day 31: Depature to own destination or extra activies.
Trekking in Dolpo region
Group size of the Trek
Minimum 2 person
Maximum 10 person
Grade : Hard/ strenuous
Elevation: Max. 5115 Meters. (Kangmara La)
Accommodation : Tented Camp
The requirement of equipment is diffrent for each trek. these are common requirment of personnel things for most of our treks. Please feel free to ask for advice we will provide you the best suggestion.
Clothing and Equipment Check List
- Pair of T-shirts and half pants
- Fleece jacket and warm Trousers
- Raincoats & water proof pants
- Down jacket
- Thermal underwear
- Windproof jacket
- Fleece/wool warm hat
- Baseball hat or sun hat
- Snow & sun glasses
- Fleece gloves
- Socks - 3/4 pairs
- Socks- woolen
- Trekking shoes
- Light sport shoes
- Small rucksack for day pack
- Water-bottle (metal )
- Kit Bag medium size
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Sleeping bag down ( -5-10 degree)
- Flash light & batteries
- Small kit bag (valuable things can put inside , pocket knife )
- Sun Cream & lip care cream
- Moist towels for personal hygiene
if you need more information please write us
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / Hotel in Kathmandu & required places
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide.
- Food (Breakfast , lunch & dinner with tea -coffee ) in Trekking.
- Tented camp Accommodation, twin sharing bases on the trek .
- English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters
- Staff food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine are included in trekking.
- Primary First Aid Kits (For the first aid treatment purpose such as bandage , some medicine......)
- Trekking permits & TIMS for Conservation area /Restricted area & all the necessary official documents for trek.
- Transport ; trek start to ending point by private car/van/ Bus.
Price Exclude :
- Nepal entry visa fee and necessary documets
- Flight fare international .
- Food in Kathmandu & other cities .
- Airport Tax in Domestic & International Airpot & other taxes.
- Personal insurance , equipment ,medical and travel insurance during the trek
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument /donation and some personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge in case of Emergency .
- Staff tips and other personal expenses
- Expenses burden due to Natural disaster ; such as bad weather , land slide.
Testimonials not available
Full package :
3000 U.S.$ per person
Trekking package only: 2800 U.S. $ per person